One of the drastic changes for LexBlog Design has been a move away from the use of graphics programs for the creation of web layouts to live designing inside the browser using Apple Fritter.
This past week I had the opportunity to live design the Real Lawyers blog with Kevin O’Keefe. The joy of this process is that it’s not weeks to delivery but a few hours and we were “live” with a new look. This method is not random erratic design rather, a thoughtful intelligent creation built on what we’ve learned over the past 15 years and woven into our digital publishing platform. The benefits of this approach are numerous:
- Instant Results — We can immediately see our font, color, and layout choices on desktop and mobile views
- Quick Corrections – We can make on-the-fly adjustments vs going back into Photoshop
- Truthful Presentation – There will always be a disconnect between what we make in Photoshop and what we actually see online
- Real Content – We can see how our new design interacts with our content on desktop and mobile views and we can make quick adjustments
- Remove Captivity to old Design – We can be more agile to make design updates as our focus, branding, or preferences change
The exciting thing about Apple Fritter is the power to create can be yours. Pick a starter design, upload your logo, choose your fonts, colors and start blogging!